I was honored to be a guest on the latest episode of the Edu All-Stars podcast, and I thought I’d share the conversation here with you all! I’ve had some great face to face conversations recently with Chris Kesler and Todd Nesloney (better known as Tech Ninja Todd) and it was so much fun to follow up and chat some more via Google Hangout.
- How I got into the education field
- Why I decided to leave the classroom and get into consulting
- The inspiration behind my blog post about big fish, little fish, and the separate ponds of education
- My blogging inspiration and how I keep a consistent blogging schedule
- How long it took before I had a community of readers (and what new bloggers should expect)
- My biggest takeaways from the TeachersPayTeachers conferencein Las Vegas
- The incident that inspired me to write Awakened: Change Your Mindset to Change Your Teaching
- How the book Awakened can help teachers develop a positive and resilient mindset
- The best education book I’ve read in a long time and that I wish every teacher would read
- The most important advice that I would give to a new teacher and to a veteran teacher
- 3 words I hope someone would use when describing me
- My latest project that I am super passionate about right now
If you haven’t subscribed to the free Edu All-Stars podcast on iTunes, I really encourage you to check it out. I love to listen to inspiring educators sharing their stories, and the audio format makes it easy to listen while exercising, driving, and cleaning up around the house.
Founder and Writer
If you are a teacher who is interested in contributing to the Truth for Teachers website, please click here for more information.