Free teacher resource on using ChatGPT
The free ChatGPT artificial intelligence tool is a total game-changer for teachers.
There are so many ways you can teach more effectively and efficiently by automating some of the low-level aspects of your work. ChatGPT can help free you up to focus on the most important (and rewarding) aspects of your job: connecting with students, helping them think critically, synthesizing and analyzing information together, and so on.
You can use ChatGPT to cut your workload drastically. It won’t create the perfect text for you on the first request, and will not take a task completely off your plate. But it CAN accelerate your workload: you can accomplish a task in 10-15 minutes when it used to take you an hour.
Here are some ChatGPT prompts that teachers in our online community have used successfully:
- “Write exemplar responses for open-ended questions” – Gwen D.
- “Write an email to parents about disruptive behavior in the classroom” – Kathy G.
- “Write SMART goals” and “Write a 3-day lesson plan for a new prep” – Gayle A.
- “Write IEP for 11-year-old boy, 6th grade, ADHD, trouble with expressive writing, volume of writing” – Clarissa R.
- “Generic templates for letters of recommendation” and “Make a list of class rules” -Jennifer S.
- “Write a letter of recommendation for a student who has this list of attributes…” -Hannah H.
- “Create fill-in-the-blank verb practice for Spanish conjugations” – Lisa S.
- “What are some positive impacts and negative consequences of the Industrial Revolution in nineteenth-century Great Britain?” – Wendy D. (used to generate a document that her class used for a document citation activity)
In this 12-page PDF reference guide, you’ll find step-by-step explanations and specific, practical ideas to help you understand the following:
- What is ChatGPT?
- What can ChatGPT be used for?
- How do I get started with ChatGPT?
- Tips for getting the best results with ChatGPT
- How teachers are using ChatGPT to save time in lesson planning
- How teachers are using ChatGPT to save time with instructional delivery
- How teachers are using ChatGPT to save time in grading and assessment
- Other ways ChatCGPT is saving teachers time
- 4 easy ways to get started today
- A final reminder
- Additional resources
Our team at TruthforTeachers has spent many hours compiling the most practical time-saving uses for teachers with ChatGPT. Each recommendation is one that has been tested by us and/or by practicing classroom teachers, so we know…it WORKS!
Enter your email below to have a copy of the PDF sent to your inbox automatically: