I got tagged by Frumteacher to share seven random facts about myself, then tag 7 other bloggers to do the same. I really liked Frumteacher and thought the admiration was mutual until she tagged me. Now I wonder, why does she hate me so much? Coming up with seven random facts is much more difficult than one would think.
- I have always wanted to live: in a high rise overlooking the city; on the beach overlooking the ocean; and in the country overlooking the mountains.
- So far, I’ve done the first two.
- I can’t stand when people I barely know ask me if I have any siblings, then proceed to insult me because I’m an only child (“Oh, so you got everything your way growing up, huh? Bet you sure were spoiled! You probably think the whole word revolves around you!” blah blah blah).
- I just figured out last week that the only way to stop their badgering is to shame them for their rude assumptions about my family life by shaking my head sadly and replying (truthfully): “My parents tried to have more…but it just wasn’t meant to be. They were thankful to be able to have one child.” So there.
- I have made 27 trips to NYC (possibly more) since meeting my Williamsburg-dwelling fiancee two years ago.
- Because of my airline infidelity, coupled with the expiration of accumulated miles and the complications of redeeming said miles, I have yet to earn a free flight.
- I majored in early childhood education so that a principal could never place me above third grade with the dreaded ‘big kids’. Then I burned out on pre-kindergartners after three years and started dreaming of middle school. I teach third now ’cause it’s the highest I can go. Way to limit yourself, kid.
Okay, now to spread the misery. I’m tagging 7 teacher bloggers who are new-ish to the blogosphere and deserve recognition for their witty observations about classroom life. Hopefully the enjoyment you get from exploring their blogs will be worth the pain and suffering they experience in trying to wrench out seven random facts. Or maybe they’re just more interesting than I am, and won’t have a problem. Let’s find out.
- Peace in the Classroom
- Smart Went Crazy, But Where Did You Go?
- School Days (Don’t Be The Dumb Kid)
- Elbows, Knees, Dreams
- Reading Teachers Rock
- Adventures in Teaching
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people (if possible) at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Founder and Writer
If you are a teacher who is interested in contributing to the Truth for Teachers website, please click here for more information.